1 Season. 2 States Competing. $400,000 for 20 local charities.
EpicPromise is proud to announce the winners of the 2015 Epic Ski Challenge!
The season-long ski competition is intended to create greater connections among civic and business leaders in Colorado and Utah, while also raising awareness for deserving charities serving both states. After 3 months of skiing at 9 of Vail Resorts’ mountains in Colorado, Utah and Lake Tahoe, 20 teams competed both against each other and with each other for state bragging rights and a share of the $400,000 prize purse.
Colorado was victorious, staking claim at $250,000 of the total prize purse. The top three teams were:
- 1st Place: Team Level 3 Communications | $100,000 donation to A Precious Child
- 2nd Place: Team US Bank | $50,000 donation to Judi’s House
- 3rd Place: Team Kaiser Permanente Colorado | $30,000 donation to Teach for America
“Vail Resorts $100,000 donation is our largest donation to date and will be used to support our Fill a Backpack program,” said Britta Robinson, A Precious Child’s executive director. “It will provide much needed school supplies to children in need across the Denver metro area.”
Utah’s teams received $150,000 of the prize purse, represented by the following top teams:
- 1st Place: Team Alliance Health | $50,000 donation to Birch Creek Service Ranch
- 2nd Place: Team Clyde Companies | $30,000 donation to Maliheh Free Clinic
- 3rd Place: Team Ancestry.com | $20,000 donation to Primary Children’s Hospital Foundation
Additional charities that benefited from donations include:
- Colorado: Denver Zoo; Amp the Cause; Greenhouse Scholars; Craig Hospital; National Sports Center for the Disabled; Women Who Code; Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver
- Utah: Downtown SLC Presents; Boy Scouts of America (Great Salt Lake Council); Kimball Arts Center; Summit County Children’s Justice Center; University of Utah Alumni Association Scholarship Fund; Utah Open Lands; Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah
The competition marks the fourth year of Vail Resorts’ Epic Ski Challenge as part of EpicPromise, with a total of $1.1 million being donated since the 2011-12 season.