About Community Grant Program
Vail Resorts supports the health of our communities through a holistic approach based on each community’s unique strengths and challenges. We strive to be more than a corporate funder, but rather a partner who takes a seat at the table when it comes to addressing the most pressing local issues. Our multi-faceted approach to investing in our communities allows us to be a part of forward-thinking and sustainable solutions with tangible impacts that are greater than the sum of any individual program and initiative.
Our EpicPromise community grant program is just one of the ways we partner with our local communities. Local resort employees review all grant applications and make all funding decisions to support EpicPromise's four focus areas - vulnerable youth, community critical need, on-mountain access and environmental sustainability. Read the EpicPromise Progress Report to read more about Vail Resort's annual giving.
Vail Resorts EpicPromise offers three annual, independent community grant processes to meet the needs of local non-profit organizations, all of which are invite-only. Some organizations may be invited to apply for multiple grants.
How We Give
- In-kind grants are for organizations to receive products and services solely for fundraising purposes. Applications are reviewed between May and July each year, and invitations will be sent to eligible non-profit organizations in the spring.
- On-mountain programming grants are for adaptive recreation or youth access programs that occur at one of our ski resorts. Applications are reviewed between June and August each year, and invitations will be sent to eligible non-profit organizations in the summer.
- Cash grants are offered on a limited basis through a request for proposal process that opens in August and closes in September. Cash grants are limited to organizations serving the following resort communities:
- Heavenly and Kirkwood, CA/NV
- Breckenridge and Keystone, CO
- Crested Butte, CO
- Vail and Beaver Creek, CO
- Park City, UT
- Stowe, VT
- Okemo, VT
- Stevens Pass, WA
Organizations are invited to apply for different grant cycles based on their community impact and service areas, Please reach out to EpicPromise@VailResorts.com with any questions about organizational qualifications.
Where We Give
Vail Resorts EpicPromise supports non-profit organizations based in our local communities:
- British Columbia, CA
- Whistler Blackcomb - Sea to Sky Corridor
- Heavenly and Kirkwood - South Lake Tahoe, CA and NV; Carson City and Minden, NV, Meyers, Jackson, and Gardnerville, CA
- Northstar - Truckee, Tahoe City, King's Beach, and Incline Village, CA
- Breckenridge and Keystone - Summit County and Park County
- Crested Butte - Gunnison County
- Vail and Beaver Creek - Eagle County
- Mt. Brighton - Livingston County, Oakland County, and Washtenaw County
- Minnesota and Wisconsin
- Afton Alps - Hastings, Woodbury, St. Paul Park, Prescott, Lakeland and Cottage Grove, MN; Hudson and River Falls, WI
- Wilmot - Kenosha County and Genoa City, WI; Antioch, Fox Lake, Johnsburg, Lake Villa, Richmond, and Spring Grove, IL
- Park City - Summit County, Wasatch County
- Stowe - Lamoille County and Washington County
- Okemo - Ludlow, VT
- Stevens Pass - Leavenworth, WA
- Grand Teton National Park - Jackson, Moose, and Yellowstone, WY