Give Back on EpicPromise Day!
Thanks for your interest in the the eighth annual EpicPromise Day, slated for the week of September 16. Project details and registration information coming soon!
EpicPromise Day is Vail Resorts' company-wide day of service and we plan to have more than 2,000 employee volunteers, friends and family working on 12 different projects. (**Note that EpicPromise Day is reserved for Vail Resorts employees and their family and friends. It is not open to general community members at this time.)
- Park City, UT | Project TBD
- Eagle County, CO | Project TBD
- Summit County, CO | Project TBD
- Front Range, CO | Project TBD
- Heavenly | Project TBD
- Kirkwood | Project TBD
- Northstar | Project TBD
- Jackson | Project TBD
- Afton Alps | Project TBD
- Mt. Brighton | Project TBD
- Wilmot | Project TBD
- Whistler Blackcomb | Project TBD
A very big THANK YOU to the 1,936 Vail Resorts employees who participated in the 2016 EpicPromise Day, topping 2015 numbers by eight percent and resulting in 7,744 hours of volunteer service to eleven different projects. Employee volunteers helped build new trails, restore public lands, revamp local youth organizations, and improve vital stream systems. Check out the project stats and photos below - and the video from 2015!
2016 Project Stats
• 124 volunteers
• Constructed approximately 1.5 miles of the Elizabethtown Meadow Trail to help provide trail connectivity in the Martis Valley Area. Additional volunteers also planted 150+ plants, gathered 20 pounds of micro-trash and cleared extensive debris from Trout Creek throughout Pocket Park in downtown Truckee.
Heavenly- Douglas County Parks & Recreation
• 176 volunteers
• Built a block retaining wall, laid slurry seal on walking paths and completed a variety of additional park improvement projects outside the Kahle Community Center in South Lake Tahoe.
Kirkwood- Kirkwood Meadows Public Utility District
• 109 volunteers
• Beautified Kirkwood Meadows Drive, including creating a new sitting area, replacing old signage, removing debris and downed trees, spreading new mulch and planting trees and flowers.
Wilmot- The State Recreation Area in Kansasville, Wisconsin
• 35 volunteers
• Helped close a campground for the season, cleared overgrowth throughout the Recreation Area and removed trash along the local public beach.
Front Range, CO- Denver Mountain Parks and Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado
• 340 volunteers
• Constructed nearly a mile of the new Mt. Vernon Creek Trail at the iconic Red Rocks Park & Amphitheater.
Eagle County, CO- Vail Valley Mountain Bike Association
• 260 volunteers
• Built close to a mile of new, multi-use trail connecting areas around Minturn's Little Beach Park along the Eagle River.
Summit County, CO- Town of Breckenridge and Friends of the Dillon Ranger District
• 365 volunteers total
• Constructed a new, multi-use, single-track trail to help direct traffic to Breckenridge from the popular Peaks Trail.
• 211 volunteers
• Completed a host of river improvement projects to reduce the amount of sediment within local streams. Also cut back invasive thistles and removed trash from the EcoCenter.
Mt. Brighton, MI- Brighton Recreation Area
• 68 volunteers
• Built seven picnic tables and cleared trash and overgrowth around a disk golf course, picnic area, campground sites and popular trails. Will head back to the Recreation Area next week to stain a horse barn!
Afton Alps, MN- Afton State Park
• 158 volunteers
• Stabilized the banks of Trout Brook, collected wildflower seeds, cut invasive buckthorn, and installed a culvert to prevent trail flooding.
Jackson, WY- Grand Teton National Park & Foundation
• 90 volunteers
• Broke up nearly 1,000 feet of social trail, built 200 feet of fencing and created a 26-step walkway connecting two sections of trail around the Colter Bay Swim Beach.