Give Back during EpicPromise Week
Big changes are coming to EpicPromise Day! After seven years of hosting annual EpicPromise Day volunteer projects, EpicPromise Day is now EpicPromise Week, and will offer multiple project options in most of our larger regions. EpicPromise Week will unite more than 2,600 employees, friends and family to give back to 13 different areas throughout the country.
See below for your local project(s) and...
Summit County, CO Trail work on the Frisco Peninsula, in the Summit Cove area or along Breckenridge's popular Burro Trail. Friday and Saturday projects available.
Front Range, CO Trail work in either Dedisse Park (near Evergreen) or in Golden Gate Canyon State Park. Friday and Saturday projects available.
Northstar Beautification and maintenance projects at the Sagehen Creek Field Station. Wednesday and Saturday projects available.
Mt. Brighton Saturday, September 16. Harvesting and distributing this season's fruits and veggies to local families in need. Saturday project only.
Whistler-Blackcomb, BC Constructing community gardens and other maintenance projects with the Association of Whistler Area Residents for the Environment (AWARE), plus other conservation projects. Weekday and Sunday, September 10 projects available.
Eagle County, CO Trail work and deck repair near Shrine Pass or willow tree harvesting and planting along the Eagle River. Tuesday and Saturday projects available.
Wilmot Saturday, September 16. Maintenance and landscaping in Fox River Park. Saturday project only.
Heavenly Beautification projects at local schools, along with trail work on the Fallen Leaf Lake Trail. Thursday and Saturday projects available.
Stowe Saturday, September 16. Trail maintenance and restoration along Cady Hill trails. Saturday project only.
Kirkwood Saturday, September 16. Improve the health, longevity and appearance of the meadow and stream system in the Kirkwood Valley. Saturday project only.
Afton Alps Saturday, September 16. Maintenance, landscaping and painting at the Carpenter's Nature Center. Saturday project only.
Grand Teton Lodge Company Habitat restoration within Grand Teton National Park. Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday projects available.
Park City Conservation projects at Bonanza Flats. Tuesday and Saturday projects available.
A very big THANK YOU to the 1,936 Vail Resorts employees who participated in the 2016 EpicPromise Day, topping 2015 numbers by eight percent and resulting in 7,744 hours of volunteer service to eleven different projects. Employee volunteers helped build new trails, restore public lands, revamp local youth organizations, and improve vital stream systems. Check out the project stats and photos below - and the video from 2015!
2016 Project Stats
• 124 volunteers
• Constructed approximately 1.5 miles of the Elizabethtown Meadow Trail to help provide trail connectivity in the Martis Valley Area. Additional volunteers also planted 150+ plants, gathered 20 pounds of micro-trash and cleared extensive debris from Trout Creek throughout Pocket Park in downtown Truckee.
Heavenly- Douglas County Parks & Recreation
• 176 volunteers
• Built a block retaining wall, laid slurry seal on walking paths and completed a variety of additional park improvement projects outside the Kahle Community Center in South Lake Tahoe.
Kirkwood- Kirkwood Meadows Public Utility District
• 109 volunteers
• Beautified Kirkwood Meadows Drive, including creating a new sitting area, replacing old signage, removing debris and downed trees, spreading new mulch and planting trees and flowers.
Wilmot- The State Recreation Area in Kansasville, Wisconsin
• 35 volunteers
• Helped close a campground for the season, cleared overgrowth throughout the Recreation Area and removed trash along the local public beach.
Front Range, CO- Denver Mountain Parks and Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado
• 340 volunteers
• Constructed nearly a mile of the new Mt. Vernon Creek Trail at the iconic Red Rocks Park & Amphitheater.
Eagle County, CO- Vail Valley Mountain Bike Association
• 260 volunteers
• Built close to a mile of new, multi-use trail connecting areas around Minturn's Little Beach Park along the Eagle River.
Summit County, CO- Town of Breckenridge and Friends of the Dillon Ranger District
• 365 volunteers total
• Constructed a new, multi-use, single-track trail to help direct traffic to Breckenridge from the popular Peaks Trail.
• 211 volunteers
• Completed a host of river improvement projects to reduce the amount of sediment within local streams. Also cut back invasive thistles and removed trash from the EcoCenter.
Mt. Brighton, MI- Brighton Recreation Area
• 68 volunteers
• Built seven picnic tables and cleared trash and overgrowth around a disk golf course, picnic area, campground sites and popular trails. Will head back to the Recreation Area next week to stain a horse barn!
Afton Alps, MN- Afton State Park
• 158 volunteers
• Stabilized the banks of Trout Brook, collected wildflower seeds, cut invasive buckthorn, and installed a culvert to prevent trail flooding.
Jackson, WY- Grand Teton National Park & Foundation
• 90 volunteers
• Broke up nearly 1,000 feet of social trail, built 200 feet of fencing and created a 26-step walkway connecting two sections of trail around the Colter Bay Swim Beach.