EpicVolunteers provides Vail Resorts employees the chance to have a more enriching, in-depth Experience of a Lifetime by awarding them with 40 hours** of paid time off for volunteer projects. Participants can work with a charity of their choice anywhere in the world. A committee comprised of leadership from every division within Vail Resorts decides the final EpicVolunteers. (**part-time employees are eligible for 20 hours of paid time off).
Download the 2017 EpicVolunteers Application!
Want to be an EpicVolunteer?
All seasonal and year-round Vail Resorts employees who work part or full-time and have at least 750 hours with the company can apply for EpicVolunteers. Here are a few resources to help you on your way.
- Program FAQs
- A list of potential partner nonprofits looking for support (or find your own!)
- An example of a stellar application, showing the thoroughness of what the review committee is expecting
What is Required to Apply?
- A detailed and thorough application
- A written recommendation from your supervisor (approving your participation and outlining why you'd make a good EpicVolunteer, as well as acknowledging that, if you are a hourly employee, the 40 hours of time will hit his/her home budget)
- A letter from your partner nonprofit, indicating the viability of
your proposed project and dates
- A budget for your project
When Can You Apply?
Vail Resorts employees are welcome to apply at any time during the year. Applications will be accepted on the 15th of every month, as long as it is submitted at least three months prior to your project. If accepted, you will hear by the 15th of the following month and attend an EpicVolunteers training the month before your project. For example, if you want to volunteer in June, you should apply by the 15th of March, will be accepted in April and train in May - just in time for your summer project.
Meet Past EpicVolunteers
Check out the list of past EpicVolunteers and learn where they spent their 40 hours in the new EpicVolunteers blog. Please note that chaperone trips - serving as a chaperone on you're child's school or sports trip - will not be considered for a part of EpicVolunteers.
Contact Anna Schumann at 303.404.1106.