Check back December 2021 for your next chance to apply!
The EpicPromise Scholars Grant is a $2,500 USD per year scholarship for up to four years of post-secondary education*, inclusive of vocational degree programs, bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and/or specialized degrees (i.e. nursing degrees). For children/dependents** (up to age 26) of a United States or Canadian Vail Resorts employee (full-time, part-time or with Seasonal Inactive Status).
The grant is renewable for three years, based on maintaining a cumulative GPA of 3.0. Scholarships will not exceed $10,000 USD / $13,000 CAD over the course of four years.
*Grants are only valid for the standard length of the degree program: four years for most bachelor’s degrees and two years for most graduate degrees.
**In general, a dependent student is one that is dependent on their parent or guardian for financial assistance, and is therefore claimed on their parent's taxes.
Who is eligible?
- Children/dependents (up to age 26) of a United States or Canadian Vail Resorts employee (full-time, part-time or with Seasonal Inactive Status). In general, a dependent student is one that is dependent on their parent or guardian for financial assistance, and is therefore claimed on their parent's taxes.
- Must be pursuing a post-secondary education.
- Household income is at or below:
- Two person household: US$120,680/CA$156,900 (refer to the Income Qualifications for households with more than two individuals).
- This increases by approximately US$32,000 / CA$40,000 for each additional family member.
- The application will also take into account additional parameters of wealth and financial need via your FAFSA application or T4 form.
Where is EpicPromise Scholars offered?
- EpicPromise Scholars is only offered in the U.S. and Canada. It is not currently available for employees of Perisher, Hotham or Falls Creek in Australia.
What is required as part of the application process?
- Proof of meeting the financial need, as demonstrated by:
- FAFSA – Free Application for Federal Student Aid for U.S. students (more info at www.fafsa.gov).
- Canadian T4 tax return for Canadian students.
- 4 Short-Answer Questions
- GPA – our benchmark is GPA a 3.0 (non-weighted). Though not required, most of our recipients maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher for the duration of their scholarship.
- Community Service – strong applicants demonstrate an average of 40 hours of community service over the last 4 years.
- Two Completed Reference Forms – templates and further details provided in application.
- Interview – Shortly after your application has been submitted, you will be invited to complete a phone or virtual interview with a Vail Resorts employee.
Other Items to Note
- EpicPromise Scholars Grants have a selective application process. According to IRS regulations, no more than 25% of those that are eligible and apply for a EpicPromise Scholars Grant can be approved.