Vail Mountain, Beaver Creek, and Colorado Mountain Express granted 75 nonprofits from Eagle and Park Counties with more than $2.7M in cash and product donations from EpicPromise for the 2017-18 ski season and summer. This support is a part of the Company's overall $9.4M give to 250 nonprofit partners in our resort communities.
This year's EpicPromise grants in Eagle County will support programs that:
- Ensure teachers and schools have the tools they need to be successful in the classroom
- Get kids outside, creating the next generation of stewards and outdoor recreation lovers
- Show kids a path to achieve their dreams by providing amazing mentors, innovative after school programs and in-school, hands-on science classes.
Community Giving in Eagle County
Leadership from Vail, Beaver Creek and CME asked community partners to identify the most important issues facing the greater Eagle County this year. We are proud to have granted in these identified areas of critical need:
- Affordable Housing | Our support of Habitat for Humanity Vail Valley will help build 16 additional homes in Gypsum’s Stratton Flats by 2018.
- Hunger | By partnering with Food Rescue Express, the Salvation Army and Our Community Foundation, families throughout the region will be fed nutritious meals throughout the year.
- Mental Health | Our grant to SpeakUp ReachOut will teach middle and high school students the signs of suicide to prevent future tragedies within our school district and beyond.
For a full list of EpicPromise nonprofit partners in Eagle County, click HERE.
EpicPromise Kids Award
This award recognizes a local nonprofit for making a tangible impact for kids of all demographics and was voted on by Eagle County employees. It also comes with an extra $5,000 in funding. This year's winner is SpeakUp ReachOut whose mission is to prevent suicide in Eagle County by providing education, training and hope.