Heavenly Resort and Kirkwood Mountain granted 57 nonprofits from South Lake Tahoe, Carson City, Minden, Meyers, Jackson and Gardnerville with more than $980,000 in cash and product donations from EpicPromise for the 2017-18 ski season and summer. This support is a part of the Company’s overall $9.4M give to 250 nonprofit partners in our resort communities.
This year's EpicPromise grants in South Lake Tahoe support programs that:
- Help families with support and after-school care
- Get kids outside, creating the next generation of stewards and outdoor recreation lovers
- Show kids a path to achieve their dreams by providing amazing mentors
- Protect Lake Tahoe
Community Giving in South Lake Tahoe
Leadership from Kirkwood and Heavenly asked community partners to identify the most important issues facing the greater South Lake Tahoe area this year. We are proud to be supporting these identified areas of critical need:
- Connecting Youth to Nature | Our grants to the Tahoe Rim Trail Association, Tahoe Institute for Natural Science, Marine Research & Education and the Lake Tahoe School District will each highlight different aspects of our local ecology and will grow the next generation of environmental stewards.
- Mental Health | By partnering with Live Violence Free, children who are victims of domestic violence and/or child abuse will receive positive adult role models and guidance towards establishing healthy lifestyles.
- Improving Our Community Fabric | Our support of Bread & Broth provides nutritious meals to families in need through the “Adopt-A-Day of Nourishment” and “Bread & Broth 4 Kids” programs.
For a full list of EpicPromise nonprofit partners in South Lake Tahoe, click HERE.
EpicPromise Kids Award
This award recognizes a local nonprofit for making a tangible impact for kids of all demographics and was voted on by South Lake employees. It also comes with an extra $2,500 in funding. This year's winner is Tahoe Youth and Family Services, whose mission is to promote the healthy development of children and families through counseling, mentoring and support programs.