Keystone and Breckenridge Ski Resort along with Colorado Mountain Express granted 52 nonprofits from Summit and Lake Counties with more than $2.3M in cash and product donations from EpicPromise for the 2017-18 ski season and summer. This support is a part of the Company’s overall $9.4M give to 250 nonprofit partners in our resort communities.
This year's EpicPromise grants in Summit County support programs that:
- Ensure those who struggle to make ends meet have access to healthy meals
- Are finding ways to provide early childhood education to every family
- Provide dental care to all kids in Summit and Lake Counties
Community Giving in Summit County
Leadership from Breckenridge, Keystone and CME asked community partners to identify the most important issues facing the greater Summit County this year. We are proud to have granted in these identified areas of critical need:
- College Access & Affordability | Our support of Colorado Mountain College and the Summit School District will provide college scholarships and career training opportunities for students throughout Summit County.
- Healthy Choices for Youth | By partnering with Advocates for Victims of Assault, CASA, the BOEC, FIRC, Full Circle of Lake County, the Keystone Science Center, Mountain Mentors and SOS Outreach, we will help local youth reach their fullest potential.
- Mental Health | Our grant to Building Hope will provide scholarships for therapy sessions to those in need as well as provide monthly opportunities for locals to connect and foster meaningful relationships.
For a full list of EpicPromise nonprofit partners in Summit County, click HERE.
EpicPromise Kids Award
This award recognizes a local nonprofit for making a tangible impact for kids of all demographics and was voted on by Summit County employees. It also comes with an extra $5,000 in funding. This year's winner is Summit County Mountain Mentors, whose mission is to positively influence the youth of Summit County to lead healthy lifestyles through a consistent one-on-one relationship with an adult.