Are you a nonprofit that focuses on youth development or environmental sustainability in one of Vail Resorts’ Colorado, Utah, Lake Tahoe or Wyoming communities? If so, we are interested in potentially partnering with you through the annual EpicPromise grant program.
How We Give
Vail Resorts supports our EpicPromise partnerships through a combination of cash grants, product donations and volunteer time.
We provide both cash grants and in-kind support to bolster programs and/or fundraising events. Please consider all of your organization's needs for the entire year (both cash and in-kind) and group them into one request.
Where We Give
Vail Resorts only supports nonprofits that are based in our communities:
- Vail/Beaver Creek: Eagle County, Colorado
- Breckenridge/Keystone: Summit County/Park County, Colorado
- Heavenly and Kirkwood: South Lake Tahoe, Carson City, Minden, Meyers, Jackson and Gardnerville, California
- Northstar: Truckee, Tahoe City, King’s Beach and Incline Village, California
- Park City: Summit and Wasatch Counties, Utah
- Afton Alps, Minnesota
- Mt. Brighton, Michigan
- Grand Teton National Park: Jackson, Moose and Yellowstone, WY
What We Support
Our EpicPromise grants and donations focus on youth programs and environmental initiatives that impact our local communities. We require a mid-year progress update and year-end report for all cash grants and for all in-kind donations valued more than $1,000. In addition, we ask our nonprofit partners to help us promote our partnership locally and measure the impact of our dollars in a variety of ways.
We do not:
- Provide support for capital projects
- Support individual fundraising efforts like Relay for Life or individual classrooms
- Support religious organizations whose focus is religious education or that teaches religion in any way
- Support organizations - neither with cash or in-kind donations - that fall outside our focus areas or local communities
How to Apply
Vail Resorts uses an online application program. All organizations will be asked to set up a user account with a login and password.
Local Giving Councils will review all applications and announce awards within a couple months of the application deadline. A few other tips:
- You will be required to log in and create a profile for your organization.
- Familiarize yourself with the application and gather all supporting documents including:
- Project timelines
- IRS (c)3 confirmation letter
- IRS 990 form
- 2016 project/program budget vs. actual to date
- 2016 Board Member list
- A letter from a Board member or community leader, advocating their support for your program and your request.
- Please think creatively about how Vail Resorts might support your organization through product donations like lift tickets, ski passes, lodging, dining, transportation and spa gift cards. These items can be just as valuable as cash, offsetting program expenses and/or generating support at fundraising events.
- You do not need to complete your application in one sitting. You can start it, save and come back to finish and submit at a later date.
- To discuss your potential ask or get your questions answered, contact Nicky DeFord at 720-524-5020.
If Vail Resorts has not worked with your organization before and you believe that you fit our requirements, please contact Nicky DeFord at 720-524-5020 to discuss a potential partnership.
Grant Application for Colorado, Lake Tahoe, Park City, and Whistler Blackcomb: The 2018 grant cycle is closed and applicants have been notified. The next opportunity to apply for support will be in the Fall of 2019. Applications are by invite only. If you feel like you fit within our giving areas, please email our EpicPromise team to discuss.
Jackson, WY: The 2018 grant cycle for organizations located in the Jackson area is closed and applicants have been notified. The next opportunity to apply for support will be in the Spring/Summer of 2019.